Each 10 gm contains:
|Botanical Name||Sanskrit Name||Qty|
|Curcuma longa||Haridra||1.25 gm|
|Strychnos potatorum||Guchaphala||1.25 gm|
|Embelica officinalis||Amla||1.25 gm|
|Ixora coccinia||Paranty||1.25 gm|
|Glycosmis pentaphylla||Lodhram||1.25 gm|
|Aerva lanata||Bhadrika||1.25 gm|
|Salacia prinoides||Vairi ekanayakam||1.25 gm|
|Vetivera zizanoides||Useera||1.25 gm|
- Maintains Normal Blood sugar Levels In Diabetes & Pre -Diabetes
- Diabetic Neuritis
The Nishakathakadi Sookshma Choornam is an ayurvedic medicine mainly used for diabetes and high blood sugar levels. It also helps to treat other conditions that follow these ailments, including skin complications, urinary tract infections, hypertension, Cardiovascular diseases, Hearing impairment, Alzheimer’s disease, etc.
These have anti-diabetic and anti hyperglycemic properties that help lower the blood glucose level and improve the body’s insulin functioning. It is also effective in treating diabetic complications, which include diabetic nephropathy, neuropathy, and gastro paresis. These are one of the best ayurvedic medicines for diabetes. Additionally, these also have anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidizing properties.
Various Ingredients Used
- Haridra, scientifically referred to as Curcuma longa, is present in 1.25grams.
- Guchaphala, scientifically referred to as Strychnos potatorum, is present in 1.25grams.
- Amla, scientifically called Embelica Officinalis, is present in 1.25 grams.
- Paranty, scientifically referred to as Ixora Coccinia, is present in 1.25 grams.
- Lodhra, scientifically referred to as Glycosmis pentaphylla, is present in 1.25 grams.
- Bhadrika, scientifically referred to as Aerva lanata, is present in 1.25grams.
- Ekanayakam scientifically referred to as Salacia prinoides (root bark ), present in 2.5 grams.
- Usheera Scientifically referred to as Vetivera Zizanoides, present in 1.25 grams.
The Nisakathakadi Kashayam Choornam is highly effective in treating various diabetic conditions, including diabetes mellitus, diabetes neuropathy, ulcers, and urinary disorders. It helps to regulate the blood sugar level and fight the multiple complications caused due to diabetes.
The various ingredients present in the medicine helps to fight against several health issues:
- Nisha, also referred to as turmeric, helps cure and prevent type II diabetes as its active ingredient curcumin is potent in reducing the effect of glucose and improving the beta-cell function and fatty acid oxidation.
- Paranty, which is an aqueous extract of the paranti leaves, effectively controls the blood sugar level and also helps to improve the lipid levels significantly.
- Lodhra is proven to have healing properties and antioxidant properties that helps to soothe the various complications that come with diabetes.
- Amalaki produces anti-diabetic effects by using its antioxidizing and free radical scavenging properties.
- Bhadrika helps maintain body weight and reduce the lipid peroxide levels in the body of diabetic patients.
- Usheera helps to reduce urinary tract disorders, which is an after-effect of diabetes.
- The root bark of the Salacia herb (which is the prime ingredient in the composition ) aids in preventing the absorption of sugar from the food articles that further helps to regulate the after-meal sugar level in the body. Several types of research also show that drinking Salacia tea with every meal helps lower the hemoglobin(HbA1C) levels significantly for people with type 2 diabetes, whereas consuming it with food for six weeks helps reduce the blood sugar levels.
Dosage and Administration
Mix one tsp of choornam in a glass of warm water and take three times daily half hour before food.
Most practitioners suggest that the drug offers a full advantage when taken before your meals and taken twice a day.
The available forms of Nisakathakadi Kashaya Choornam are considerably safe and well-tolerated. It doesn’t have any side effects when taken according to the recommended dosages and under the supervision of an ayurvedic physician. It is safer to use along with the other streams of medicines for diabetics and its complications. The safety profile of the choornam is not well established for pregnant women, so it is essential to consult your doctor if you are in the lactation period.